Hobby's Reach Research CentreThis building, which has wheelchair access, houses our vast collection of records of people, places and events in the Blue Mountains and includes a Library, maps and a newspaper collection.
- Over 10,000 local history archives.
- Over 5,000 historic photographs.
There is also a large lending library for members containing books on Australian history and that of the Blue Mountains.
This is a valuable resource for architects, publishers, estate agents and the general public.
Private research may be undertaken or a researcher can undertake this research for you at a moderate fee. Straightforward enquiries are generally answered at no cost. When research is involved, we will advise the cost in advance. From 2014, house histories are undertaken at a fee of $50 for personal use and $75 for commercial use.
Research Room hours are:
- Tuesdays from 10 am until 2.30 pm
- Fridays from 10 am until 2.30 pm
- Documents can be copied on site.
- Copies of photographs and other images can be ordered.
Hobby's Reach Research Centre